Alex - Schwierigkeiten in ihrer zweiten Ehe?

Hier könnt ihr über Gott und die Welt plaudern.

Alex - Schwierigkeiten in ihrer zweiten Ehe?

Beitragvon The Wild Harp » 27.10.2010, 20:07

Habe folgenden Artikel gefunden. Sieht so aus, als ob Alex' zweite Ehe vor dem Aus steht.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1323735/Did-Alex-Kingstons-baby-battle-end-marriages-Ralph-Fiennes-Florian-Haertel.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Did Alex Kingston's battle for another baby end her marriage?
By Sara Nathan
Last updated at 10:50 PM on 26th October 2010

Alex Kingston is ‘devastated’ at the collapse of her second marriage –which is said to have been under enormous strain as she tried for another child.

The 47-year-old actress, best known for her roles in ER, Moll Flanders and, most recently, Doctor Who, has been married to German journalist Florian Haertel for 12 years.

The couple have a nine-year-old daughter, Salome, who was conceived following arduous fertility treatment.

Haertel had helped Miss Kingston put her life back together after first husband Ralph Fiennes left her for Francesca Annis, 18 years his senior, in 1995.

Miss Kingston had recently told of tensions in her second marriage after Haertel had refused to let her have IVF again - and two attempts to adopt had ended in tears.

The couple have now put their £2.7million mansion, which sits on the Hollywood Lake Reservoir, up for sale.

Last night, a friend told the Daily Mail: ‘It’s very, very recent. Alex is broken up about it and very raw. I don’t know if there is anyone else involved on Florian’s side, but Alex is devastated. She has pulled out an upcoming TV project as she just needs time to recover.

‘Alex has made it no secret that she may move with Salome back to Britain.’

The actress first found fame as Moll Flanders in the raunchy ITV drama of the same name. She then became one of Britain’s most popular acting exports after winning a role in American hospital drama ER.

She had moved to Hollywood in 1997 following her divorce from Fiennes. The couple, who met at RADA drama school, had been together for 12 years.

But in 1995, after two years of marriage, Fiennes suddenly left her for Francesca Annis, his co-star in a stage version of Hamlet.

Shortly after arriving in America, Miss Kingston met Haertel, a German-born journalist.

‘He was so open for a man who had never had therapy,’ she recalled, ‘I was stunned because for 12 years I had just been with Ralph who was so closed.’

The couple began to try for a baby after their marriage in 1999. They tried numerous fertility treatments before Salome’s arrival.

Last year, Miss Kingston spoke openly about her attempt to have more children, saying: ‘If I had more kids I would be happy to be a full-time mum, but that’s not going to happen. My husband isn’t prepared to go down the IVF road again.'

Two attempts at adoption in the U.S. also failed.

‘People assume that celebrities can adopt babies as easily as Angelina Jolie,’ Miss Kingston said. ‘But they don’t hear about the ones who aren’t successful because we don’t like talking about it, it’s too painful.

‘I would try again in a heartbeat, but my husband won’t. Maybe he’ll change his mind, but at the moment he can’t.’

Last night, a spokesman for Miss Kingston declined to comment.
The Wild Harp
Ralphs Sonnenschein
Ralphs Sonnenschein

Zurück zu Small Talk