Neues Filmprojekt - Große Erwartungen/Great Expectations

Hier wird über Ralphs Filme und aktuelle Projekte gesprochen.

Re: Neues Filmprojekt - Great Expectations

Beitragvon marina » 12.09.2012, 16:38

danke!
Anzug mit Stil :lecka: da wird einem ja ganz anders :crackup: Artikel über Great Exp. und Skyfall:

TORONTO — Ralph Fiennes knows his way around the annals of British literature, from Shakespeare to J.K. Rowling. And this fall, he adds two more notables to his list, with Mike Newell’s Great Expectations, in which he plays the convict Magwitch, and Skyfall, in which he joins the ranks of MI6. Fiennes spoke to Metro about both films at the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival.

Last year we saw you doing Shakespeare, and now you’re on to Dickens. How do the two compare?
Well, they both have created these sort of amazing, high-definition characters. Shakespeare has his Prosperos and Malvoleos and Falstaffs. And they both have this great genius for observation of humankind and extraordinary types of individuals. But I feel that, certainly with Dickens, this is a man who is observing, and all these characters are rooted in people he witnessed — and have obviously been grown and expanded and embellished by his imagination. There’s that amazing thing in great writers that they create these people who are sort of recognizable but also at the same time unique. And Magwitch is like that and Miss Havisham is like that. So they’re sort of bold in their invention, but you never lose touch with the humanity of a character.

You have Shakespeare, you have Dickens, you have “Harry Potter” and you have Bond coming up with “Skyfall.”
Are there any British institutions left on your list that you want to tackle?
Oh my. (laughs) I probably should de-institutionalize myself after this and go right away from any institutional activities.

How about a member of the Royal Family?
I don’t think I’m heading in that direction, no.

How does it compare playing someone absolutely evil like Voldemort to someone like Magwitch who’s more of a gray area?
Magwitch is a criminal. He thinks and acts like a criminal, he’s always been on the wrong side of the law — probably as a way to survive. The British justice system brutalized people in a really shocking way. But it’s a great character. He’s not innately evil. The simple gesture of kindness that Pip shows, he never forgets it. People who live outside the law have a very strong code of honor. And also the innocent, un-judgmental generosity of a boy opens up Magwitch for the capacity to love. I mean, he loves in a sort of mad, tunnel-vision way. He’s actually a big soul that’s been sort of conditioned by criminal life, and the big soul of him comes out at the end.

It’s a shame “Skyfall” isn’t at the festival as well. I can’t wait to see it.
I haven’t seen it, but I hear early noises coming out of the corridors or “Skyfall” power that are good, I think.

When you were younger, did you have a particular Bond movie you always wanted to act out?
I have always loved the books above the films. I’ve enjoyed the films, but I’ve always thought there was a darkness and a film noir-ish atmosphere to the books which the films initially sort of captured a bit, then went further and further away from. And they’re their own beasts, the films. But I think of all the films, I’d probably pick “From Russia with Love,” which I think was very faithful to the book. It was very well made and it had a leanness and a taught-ness. You feel in “Dr. No” they’re trying it out. Sean Connery running through the forest with Ursula Andress in their shorts and T-shirts doesn’t quite work. I just think the whole tone of “From Russia with Love” is actually sort of in a league of its own. I think “From Russia with Love” is where they hit the sweet spot with the atmosphere and the danger and darkness.

http://metronews.ca/features/tiff-2012/ ... -fiennes/#
Greatest mistake:// not to talk to people//to love a hooker//And to talk too much of a thing// that should be cut// you would be// a better man
marina
Lennys Eis-am-Stiel
Lennys Eis-am-Stiel

Beitragvon antje » 13.09.2012, 14:57

Bild
antje
Bendrix' Geliebte
Bendrix' Geliebte

Beitragvon Dolarhyde » 02.11.2012, 11:43

marina hat geschrieben:er wird in Dtl an Nikoklaus realisiert^^

jetzt scheint der film erst am 13.12. bei uns in den kinos anzulaufen.
Bild
Dolarhyde
I'm the dragon
I'm the dragon

Re: Neues Filmprojekt - Große Erwartungen/Great Expectations

Beitragvon TheReader55 » 02.11.2012, 15:16

Naja die eine Woche hin oder her ist ja auch nicht so schlimm. Hauptsache er kommt überhaupt.
Ralph Fiennes News-Page on Twitter: www.twitter.com/rfiennes_news
TheReader55
Almásys K
Almásys K

Beitragvon Dolarhyde » 02.11.2012, 19:46

aber ich hatte große erwartungen zu nikolaus. :grin:
Bild
Dolarhyde
I'm the dragon
I'm the dragon

Beitragvon TheReader55 » 02.11.2012, 21:20

Haha :D ...wer hat das nicht :p
TheReader55
Almásys K
Almásys K

Beitragvon marina » 03.11.2012, 10:50

schön, dass er kommt.
der warmherzige "Strauchdieb" gefällt mir schon, aber ich würde mich ärgern, wenn die Rolle winzig wäre.
Deswegen warte ich erstmal, was ihr sagt. :p
Greatest mistake:// not to talk to people//to love a hooker//And to talk too much of a thing// that should be cut// you would be// a better man
marina
Lennys Eis-am-Stiel
Lennys Eis-am-Stiel

Beitragvon antje » 03.11.2012, 13:20

ich hoffe die zeigen den film in unserem kino ..wir haben nur 4 räume und coriolanus haben sie auch ne gezeigt ...dafürr aber a christmas charol...also daumendrücken :grin:
Bild
antje
Bendrix' Geliebte
Bendrix' Geliebte

Beitragvon marina » 04.11.2012, 22:36

naja coriolanus hat keinen dt. kinostart also kann das kino nix dafür. hoffen wir mal, dass sein Name und der seines Films nicht wieder für einen asiatischen Berg gehalten wird.
marina
Lennys Eis-am-Stiel
Lennys Eis-am-Stiel

Beitragvon antje » 07.11.2012, 22:47

wo sind eigentlich Sabine , Nicita und Luanne abgeblieben?...vermisse ich irgendwie ganz sehr :-(
Bild
antje
Bendrix' Geliebte
Bendrix' Geliebte

Beitragvon Cookie » 11.11.2012, 01:06

Mich vermisst Du nicht? :cry:
Cookie
Bendrix' Geliebte
Bendrix' Geliebte

Beitragvon antje » 11.11.2012, 13:37

natürlich :grin:
Bild
antje
Bendrix' Geliebte
Bendrix' Geliebte

Beitragvon Dora » 13.11.2012, 21:04

In letzter Zeit wird so viel geschrieben, da kommt man mit dem Lesen nicht hinterher und schon gar nicht zum Antworten. :)
Jeder Mensch, der nur seinen Charakter realisiert, ist dämonisch
Dora
Voldies Zauberstabhalter
Voldies Zauberstabhalter

Beitragvon TheReader55 » 14.11.2012, 00:00

Dora hat geschrieben:In letzter Zeit wird so viel geschrieben, da kommt man mit dem Lesen nicht hinterher und schon gar nicht zum Antworten. :)

Sollen wir weniger posten? :grin:
TheReader55
Almásys K
Almásys K

Beitragvon marina » 14.11.2012, 11:53

das geht nicht. die infektion ist zu stark. is sie zu stark bist du zu schwach. :p ;)
marina
Lennys Eis-am-Stiel
Lennys Eis-am-Stiel

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu Ralph - Filme