Ein Abo auf die Rolle des Bösewichts?

Hier wird über Ralphs Filme und aktuelle Projekte gesprochen.

Ein Abo auf die Rolle des Bösewichts?

Beitragvon Dolarhyde » 25.04.2010, 15:11

lest euch mal den bericht durch. glaubt ihr wirklich, dass ralph jetzt nur noch für die bösewichte gebucht wird, bloss weil er über 40 ist und ein 'haarproblem' hat? :roll:

guardian.co.uk hat geschrieben:Need a villain? Dial Ralph Fiennes

As his roles as Voldemort in the Harry Potter movies and Hades in Clash of the Titans testify, Ralph Fiennes has found his true calling as Hollywood's go-to guy for classy creeps

There comes a time in a British actor's life when the shadows have lengthened, and those English teeth no longer look quirky but queer; that eccentric gleam turned from Steptoe and Son to Jekyll and Hyde. Ralph Fiennes has crossed that threshold. OK, so Fiennes has a very nice set of gnashers, but his latest screen appearance – wafting malevolently around as Hades in Clash of the Titans like some crimped-hair Greco-Roman Fu Manchu – confirms the change. He's gone Rent-a-Villain.

I could say, by way of consolation, it has happened to many a fine actor, but it only ever happens to fine actors. They're the ones with the skill set to showcase the deviant personality traits Hollywood likes in its antagonists, nemeses, malefactors, éminences grises, blackguards, criminal masterminds, dark lords, end-of-level bosses, bad eggs and general pot-pissers. Being English is one of the most important deviant traits, for some reason that I'm sure has to do with the American war of independence. Once your 40th birthday has passed – when leading-man potential is receding with your hairline and you've started to get "the look" – expect the call any day.

[...]

Now, like the last representative of some bygone order, the mantle has fallen on Fiennes. Amazingly, Hollywood mistook him for a leading man (something fellow lantern-jaw Irons also had to deal with) as recently as 2002's Maid in Manhattan, though Kathryn Bigelow was trying as far back as 1995, casting him in her virtual-reality thriller Strange Days as street hustler Lenny Nero. He's turned out more Nero than Lenny, though, and it's no coincidence that his biggest triumph in the headline-totty slot, The English Patient, was also loaded with amnesia, tortured emotions, Hungarian cartography, facial disfiguration, the "search for identity" and other subject matter conducive to awkward interviews on E! News. Even when he was the hero, Fiennes seemed determined to prove a villain.

There's something dank about him, a sourness and impatience constantly threatening to bubble up to the surface and taint everything. Properly, thoroughly tapped, the run-off has had formidable results: Fiennes's performance as Amon Goeth in Schindler's List is a true portrayal of evil, in the banal sense. But Hollywood, on the whole, tends to prefer its monsters tattooed, with flamboyant sexual predilections and spouting 18th-century poetry: this was Fiennes's apparel in 2002's Red Dragon, his first job for the Rent-a-Villain outfit (under the close supervision of distinguished honorary member Anthony Hopkins as the film's true demonic principal, Hannibal Lecter).

Unsurprisingly, Fiennes has advanced quickly, stepping into the role of Voldemort for the Harry Potter franchise as to the gothic manor born. He first appears gowned and noseless – like a plastic-surgery outpatient wandering out of a Beverly Hills clinic – in the graveyard resurrection scene in Goblet of Fire. Admittedly, even Ronnie Corbett would unnerve in 'Mort's death's-head prosthetics, but the lack of a conk highlights Fiennes's vulpine slash of a mouth. He wreaks real damage: effectively vicious in mocking wizardly conventions ("Come on now, Harry, the niceties must be observed!") as he bullies Daniel Radcliffe from the off; unleashing dark magic with near-sexual abandon in his duel with Dumbledore in Order of the Phoenix.

It would have been easy for Fiennes to just Xerox the malignancy and fax it through for Clash of the Titans. But he differentiates them nicely; his lord of the underworld is less animalistic and more ethereal than Voldemort, with a sibilant whisper that employs the old passive-aggressive strategy for drawing attention from noisy surroundings. So he may be Rent-a-Villain, but at least he's doing bespoke options; more than you can say for Tim Curry's super-trouper Rocky Horror line in dastardly doings, acting from the tonsils outwards.

The Fiennes approach is having trickledown effects in the UK film industry, too, where he is currently offering a discount on ne'er-do-wells. He rustled up an unsettling combination of casual violence and a weird fastidiousness ("I want a normal gun for a normal person!") for his estuary gangland boss in In Bruges; and we're about to understand just how far the banality of evil can go when he red-tapes up everyone's lives as the dead-eyed insurance executive in Ricky Gervais's Cemetery Junction.

The danger with becoming cinematic shorthand for evil is that the wind changes, and you're stuck that way – permanently wearing a cape, heavy eye shadow and spitting resentful one-liners at a blur of speccy child stars. Fiennes is probably too great a talent to get trapped in the novelty slot (he's already lining up his adaptation of Coriolanus, another unlikeable hero, as his directorial debut), but greater talents have fallen further. For the moment, if he's in the getup, he's the classiest panto act in town. If nefariousness is necessary, you know who to call. Try the Yellow Pages; look under "V".

Quelle: www.guardian.co.uk
Bild
Dolarhyde
I'm the dragon
I'm the dragon

Re: Ein Abo auf die Rolle des Bösewichts?

Beitragvon Cookie » 25.04.2010, 15:42

Ich glaube nicht, dass er deswegen als Bösewicht gebucht wird, sondern weil er eben die Bösewichte so phantastisch spielt. Ich denke auch, dass er gern Bösewichte spielt, obwohl ich ihn (außer natürlich als Amon ;) ) viel lieber als Liebhaber, wie in "Der englische Patient" sehe. Aber gut, wir werden alle nicht jünger und die Rollen als Liebhaber bekommen nun eben die jüngeren Schauspieler. :?
Cookie
Bendrix' Geliebte
Bendrix' Geliebte

Beitragvon The Wild Harp » 25.04.2010, 20:33

Cookie hat geschrieben:Ich glaube nicht, dass er deswegen als Bösewicht gebucht wird, sondern weil er eben die Bösewichte so phantastisch spielt.

Das denke ich auch. Ich hoffe trotzdem nicht, dass er jetzt auf diesen Rollentyp festgelegt wird. IMO ist er immer noch attraktiv genug, um den Liebhaber zu spielen. Hoffentlich sehen Regisseure und Produzenten das genauso. :doubt:
The Wild Harp
Ralphs Sonnenschein
Ralphs Sonnenschein

Beitragvon Cookie » 25.04.2010, 21:15

Wenn nicht, können wir ja mal eine Protestaktion starten. :skandal:
Cookie
Bendrix' Geliebte
Bendrix' Geliebte

Beitragvon Dolarhyde » 25.04.2010, 23:46

genau! wo muss ich meinen protest einreichen, damit ich ralph wieder lüsternd durch betten walzen sehe? :sabber:

ich bin wirklich gespannt was nach coriolanus kommt. in letzter zeit hat er ja nur kleinere rollen angenommen (sicherlich um schnell noch geld für die finanzierung von corio zu bekommen bzw. um diversen leuten wie bigelow einen gefallen zu tun). ich würde ihn dann gerne mal wieder in einer hauptrolle sehen - aber halt nicht als bösewicht.
Bild
Dolarhyde
I'm the dragon
I'm the dragon

Beitragvon Cookie » 26.04.2010, 15:11

Dolarhyde hat geschrieben:genau! wo muss ich meinen protest einreichen, damit ich ralph wieder lüsternd durch betten walzen sehe? :sabber:

Vielleicht bei seinem Agenten, sofern er einen hat. :grübel: Dann fallen mir noch sämtlich Filmproduktionsfirmen ein, man könnte sich vor diversen Preisverleihungen postieren. :rofl1: Fällt jemandem noch was ein?

ich würde ihn dann gerne mal wieder in einer hauptrolle sehen - aber halt nicht als bösewicht.

Wem sagst Du das... :loveya:
Cookie
Bendrix' Geliebte
Bendrix' Geliebte

Beitragvon Dolarhyde » 26.04.2010, 16:12

ich denke mal schon, dass er einen agenten hat. müsste man dem vielleicht mal drohbriefe schreiben. also so mit aufgekleben buchstaben, die man aus diversen zeitschriften ausgeschnitten hat. 8)
Bild
Dolarhyde
I'm the dragon
I'm the dragon

Beitragvon Cookie » 26.04.2010, 16:53

Genau, so in der Art "W I R W O L L E N R A L P H N A C K T S E H E N !" :applaus:
Cookie
Bendrix' Geliebte
Bendrix' Geliebte

Beitragvon Dora » 14.05.2010, 15:09

Wer weiß, wann wir ihn mal wieder im Adamskostüm zu sehen bekommen, solange müssen wir uns eben mit seinen vergangenen Filmen be(ver)gnügen. :lol:
Dora
Voldies Zauberstabhalter
Voldies Zauberstabhalter

Beitragvon Dolarhyde » 15.05.2010, 09:27

der mann wird auch älter. wer weiß, ob er sich dann noch nackt präsentieren will bzw. ob wir das dann sehen wollen. :hihi:
Bild
Dolarhyde
I'm the dragon
I'm the dragon

Beitragvon Cookie » 15.05.2010, 16:12

Lassen wir es doch auf einen Versuch ankommen... :grinsengel:
Cookie
Bendrix' Geliebte
Bendrix' Geliebte

Beitragvon Dolarhyde » 16.05.2010, 10:04

da sage ich nicht nein! :halo:
Bild
Dolarhyde
I'm the dragon
I'm the dragon

Beitragvon The Wild Harp » 16.05.2010, 20:37

Aber nicht vergessen: Wir sind nur an der Kunst interessiert. :lol:
The Wild Harp
Ralphs Sonnenschein
Ralphs Sonnenschein

Beitragvon Dora » 16.05.2010, 22:20

The Wild Harp hat geschrieben:Aber nicht vergessen: Wir sind nur an der Kunst interessiert. :lol:

Auf jeden Fall und wer was anderes denkt .... :shame:
Dora
Voldies Zauberstabhalter
Voldies Zauberstabhalter

Beitragvon Dolarhyde » 16.05.2010, 22:25

an seinem kunstvollen körper bin ich immer interessiert! :oops:
Bild
Dolarhyde
I'm the dragon
I'm the dragon

Nächste

Zurück zu Ralph - Filme