Mit Schirm, Charme und Melone

Hier wird über Ralphs Filme und aktuelle Projekte gesprochen.

Re: Mit Schirm, Charme und Melone

Beitragvon The Wild Harp » 14.08.2008, 23:16

Dann hätte Sean Connery ja Mel Gibson flachlegen müssen. :grin:
"Pain is easy to write. In pain, we are all drably individual. But what can one write about happiness?" (TEOTA)
The Wild Harp
Ralphs Sonnenschein
Ralphs Sonnenschein

Beitragvon Dolarhyde » 14.08.2008, 23:52

das wäre doch mal was neues :lol:

das filmplakat ist schon fertig
Bild
Bild
Dolarhyde
I'm the dragon
I'm the dragon

Beitragvon Charlie » 14.08.2008, 23:58

Das treibst du also zu später Stunde. :lol:
Sean sieht aus, als würde er absichtlich etwas abseits stehen, um Abstand zu den "Freaks" zu haben. Also NK geht ja noch, aber MG sieht echt nach Material für Alpträume aus. :shock:
Glück ist das einzige, das man verschenken kann, ohne es zu besitzen.
Charlie
Almásys K
Almásys K

Beitragvon Dolarhyde » 15.08.2008, 00:15

ja zu später stunde gehts öfters mit mir durch :hammer:

das gibsonbild ist übrigens sein polizeifoto. da hatte er schon eins acht aufm kessel.
Bild
Dolarhyde
I'm the dragon
I'm the dragon

Beitragvon Charlie » 15.08.2008, 00:18

Ich glaube auch kaum, das er unter 1.8 bereit ist, in die Pelle zu schlüpfen. :whiskey:
Glück ist das einzige, das man verschenken kann, ohne es zu besitzen.
Charlie
Almásys K
Almásys K

Beitragvon Dolarhyde » 15.08.2008, 00:33

aber ich finde die pelle macht 'nen schlanken fuss
Bild
Dolarhyde
I'm the dragon
I'm the dragon

Beitragvon Jules » 18.08.2008, 22:07

Okay vorab mal ich finde die Melone putzig ich find das steht ihm schon irgendwie...

Alles in allem fand ich den Film aber total toll, das war so ein richtiger Film für mich :D Und Ralph ist ja einfach mal nur süß. Vor allem immer mit seinem Schirm...
Jules
Almásys K
Almásys K

Beitragvon Dolarhyde » 18.08.2008, 22:19

du sprichst durch die rosa-rote-ralphbrille, oder? :shock:
Bild
Dolarhyde
I'm the dragon
I'm the dragon

Beitragvon Jules » 18.08.2008, 22:23

Dolarhyde hat geschrieben:du sprichst durch die rosa-rote-ralphbrille, oder? :shock:

mmm ausnahmsweise mal nicht... Ich fand den Film wirklich toll, unabhängig von Ralph. Von mir aus hätten sie da auch den Papst hinstellen können. Die Story war zwar stellenweise ziemlich bescheuert aber ich fand ihn gut.

Ich mag aber so Filme, also so James Bond Verarschungen.
Jules
Almásys K
Almásys K

Beitragvon Hp-fan » 29.08.2008, 21:49

Also ich schau ihn mir ja nur wegen ihn an, obwohl der film ganz ok ist, da gibt es schlimmere Würde da aber jemand andres die rolle spielen würde, würd ich ihn mir nicht antun. :grin:
Hp-fan
Chris' Zimmermädchen
Chris' Zimmermädchen

Beitragvon Jules » 29.08.2008, 23:13

Hp-fan hat geschrieben:Also ich schau ihn mir ja nur wegen ihn an, obwohl der film ganz ok ist, da gibt es schlimmere Würde da aber jemand andres die rolle spielen würde, würd ich ihn mir nicht antun. :grin:

Das stimmt ja... Maid in Manhattan wäre so ein Film der eindeutig mehr als Schlimmer wäre...

Der Film mag vielleicht nich der Brüller sein und es gibt eindeutig bessere aber ich fand ihn ganz gut. Aber ist halt wahrscheinlich Geschmackssache ;)
Jules
Almásys K
Almásys K

Beitragvon The Wild Harp » 24.11.2008, 21:05

@ Dolarhyde

Der Artikel spricht Dir bestimmt aus der Seele. 8)

http://www.film.com/movies/story/erics-bad-movies-avengers-1998/24470026
"Pain is easy to write. In pain, we are all drably individual. But what can one write about happiness?" (TEOTA)
The Wild Harp
Ralphs Sonnenschein
Ralphs Sonnenschein

Beitragvon Dolarhyde » 24.11.2008, 22:21

menno ... die seite wird nicht richtig angezeigt. alles ist grau :shock:
kannst du mal bitte den text hier reinkopieren. mich interessiert doch brennend was über meinen lieblingsfilm von hinten geschrieben wird
Bild
Dolarhyde
I'm the dragon
I'm the dragon

Beitragvon The Wild Harp » 25.11.2008, 20:24

Bin mir nicht sicher, ob es der ganze Text ist oder ob am Ende was fehlt. Aber es ist zumindest der Großteil des Textes.

Eric's Bad Movies: The Avengers (1998)
Former Oscar nominees work joylessly for paychecks in this imbecilic adaptation of a British TV show.

Eric D. Snider, Nov 19, 2008

At no point in The Avengers does any avenging occur. This is remarkable on its own, and yet it is surpassed by another curious fact: The movie does not contain a single interesting moment. You could choose any segment at random, any 10-second stretch of film, and I can guarantee that whatever is depicted on that film will not be interesting. There is a good chance it will involve people dressed in brightly colored bear costumes, though, so there's that.

People being dressed in brightly colored bear costumes, which really does happen at one point in The Avengers, is the kind of thing that would be interesting if it occurred in a movie that was capable of being interesting. Alas, The Avengers lacks the basic biological components necessary to produce interesting material. Putting brightly colored bear costumes in it to liven things up is like putting a party hat on a dead guy.

The film was part of the trend, common especially in the 1990s, where old TV shows were converted into terrible movies. Apparently, that's what people were clamoring for -- new, unsatisfying entertainment based on old, stale ideas. I don't recall clamoring for any such thing, but someone must have been. Was it you? Look long and hard at your own soul and answer truthfully.

If you've never seen the 1960s British TV series The Avengers, I'll summarize it for you -- but keep in mind, I've never seen it either. I'm just assuming the movie is a faithful reproduction of it. So apparently the TV show was about two irritating government agents who speak entirely in flirtatious repartee yet somehow manage not to have any chemistry together. They spend their days halfheartedly pursuing mad villains who have only a mild interest in killing them and who mostly just let them escape. One of the agents always wears a bowler hat and carries an umbrella. He is vaguely handsome, in the bland way that the men in the photos that come with picture frames are handsome. The other agent, the lady agent, is "sexy" -- but again, only in an unremarkable, Sears catalog sort of way.

Did people really watch this in the 1960s? I guess they were British people, not regular people, but still.

In the movie, the secret agents, John Steed and Emma Peel, are played by Ralph Fiennes and Uma Thurman. (If you can't quite picture who Ralph Fiennes is, think of Liam Neeson.) Their government boss, played by Jim Broadbent, is called Mother even though he is a man, and Mother's supervisor is called Father even though she is a woman!!!! Already you can see how zany and madcap this adventure will be! Also, "Mother" is in a wheelchair, although I don't think that's supposed to be funny. Not Mac and Me funny, anyway.

The bad guy is Sir August De Wynter, played by Sean Connery, the "I'll do any film as long as there's Scotch on the craft services table" phase of his career now in full bloom. Knowing that this movie is imbecilic, you might guess that a character named Sir August De Wynter is greatly interested in the weather. And you would be right! He has figured out a way to control the Earth's weather -- the explanation involves saying the words "ions" and "protons" a lot -- and he intends to use this power to blackmail various countries' governments. Note that he is doing this in 1998, predating Al Gore's use of the same plan by several years.

At one point De Wynter holds a board meeting in which everyone is dressed in brightly colored bear costumes. This is so that none of the members of his diabolical organization will know who the other members are. I guess nobody speaks at these meetings, or takes their bear heads off in the elevator on the way back to the parking garage. Carpooling to work would be out of the question. Anyway, De Wynter downsizes the staff by shooting a poison dart at one of the bear suits, instantly killing its occupant even though the dart is only a couple inches long and hardly penetrates the costume's fur, let alone the flesh of the person inside. Here is an employee so dedicated to his work, so at one with his bear costume, that he actually feels its pain.

It's up to Steed and Peel to stop De Wynter, and they do it without really ever breaking a sweat. This leaves them plenty of times to have maddeningly cute conversations like this:

PEEL: I suppose Mother warned you about women like me.
STEED: Until now I didn't know there WERE women like you.
PEEL: I'm the sort that doesn't take no for an answer.
STEED: I think that would depend entirely on the question.
ERIC D. SNIDER: (shoots self in head)
FLOOR: (sound of ERIC D. SNIDER's body hitting it)
911 OPERATOR: 911, what is your emergency?
NEIGHBOR: I just heard some annoying banter coming from my neighbor's apartment, followed by a gunshot.
911 OPERATOR: Did the banter sound like it was being spoken by former Oscar nominees working joylessly for paychecks?
NEIGHBOR: Yes, quite.
911 OPERATOR: Looks like we've got another Avengers-related incident. (sadly) When will they learn? (more sadly, and a bit reflective) When will they ever learn?

Steed and Peel also get chased by a squadron of robot bumblebees; get rescued by an old lady named Alice who shows up randomly to save them; suffer an attack by Eddie Izzard as De Wynter's goon; and arrive at De Wynter's estate traveling in giant plastic bubbles, with no explanation about where the bubbles came from or why they are a preferred method of transportation. Also, though the internet slang term "WTF?" didn't exist yet, it is surely what went through many viewers' minds when they watched the scene where Steed talks to a fellow agent who happens to be invisible.

But wait! I'm afraid what I have just described might make the movie sound interesting. I apologize for this. The film's director, Jeremiah S. Chechik (Christmas Vacation), initially brought Warner Brothers a 150-minute cut of the movie. The early test screenings of it were disastrous, in the sense that the film was so bad it actually caused earthquakes. So Warner Brothers chopped it down to a svelte 87 minutes, figuring that when people hate your movie, the best thing to do is to make it so there's less movie for them to hate. This cutting, which must have been done indiscriminately, deleting scenes at random, accounts for the numerous continuity errors and non sequiturs like the invisible guy and the giant bubbles showing up out of nowhere.

I'd be curious to watch the 150-minute version -- not because I suspect it would be any better, but because it would be interesting to see the story told in a way that's actually intelligible. In its current form, it's as if the film were made by aliens who knew that movies should contain "excitement" and "sexiness" and "coherent stories," and this is their best guess at approximating those things. The result is like looking at a drawing made by a 5-year-old: You get what they were going for, but man, that kid sure is stupid.
The Wild Harp
Ralphs Sonnenschein
Ralphs Sonnenschein

Beitragvon Dolarhyde » 26.11.2008, 11:35

The Wild Harp hat geschrieben:Bin mir nicht sicher, ob es der ganze Text ist oder ob am Ende was fehlt. Aber es ist zumindest der Großteil des Textes.

The movie does not contain a single interesting moment.

sehr gute zusammenfassung :respekt:

In the movie, the secret agents, John Steed and Emma Peel, are played by Ralph Fiennes and Uma Thurman. (If you can't quite picture who Ralph Fiennes is, think of Liam Neeson.)

das ist ja gemein :lol:

I'd be curious to watch the 150-minute version -- not because I suspect it would be any better, but because it would be interesting to see the story told in a way that's actually intelligible.

ja, ich will auch die 150 minuten version sehen :motz: :grin: gibts noch keine petition die man unterschreiben kann?
Bild
Dolarhyde
I'm the dragon
I'm the dragon

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu Ralph - Filme