Project Runway Interview (2006)

Hier findet ihr alte Interviews und Berichte von Ralph.

Project Runway Interview (2006)

Beitragvon Juventina » 17.08.2006, 21:48

Schaut mal was ich entdeckt habe ganz neu! ;)

Sehr geiles Interview von Ralph!

Was der alles wissen will! :-)
Ralph Fiennes Interviews Andy about Runway!

August 14, 2006

I've been quietly bugging my pal Ralph Fiennes to let me interview him for his entire (sold out, enchanting, critically acclaimed) run of "Faith Healer" on Broadway. He mentioned to me several months ago that he'd been hearing quite a lot about "Project Runway" and wanted to know what the fuss was about. I sent him the entire second season on DVD. Would you believe that the English Patient himself devoured those DVD's and became a "Runway" addict like the rest of us? After watching the DVDs he suggested a brilliant idea perfectly suited for an egomaniac like myself. "I am sick of being interviewed," he confessed. "But I have an idea. How about I interview YOU about 'Project Runway' for your blog?" Since his idea, he's been watching Season 3 religiously. We spoke a couple days ago between shows.

RF: I DID THIS FILM "QUIZ SHOW" ABOUT THE QUIZ SHOW SCANDALS IN THE 50'S - IT WAS INFAMOUS BECAUSE THE PRODUCERS MANIPULATED THE CONTESTANTS. SO, TO WHAT EXTENT DO YOU TRY TO DRIVE THE DRAMA OF THE SHOW? DO YOU SELECT PEOPLE FOR TALENT OR PERSONALITY? AND, WHEN THE COMPETITION IS ONGOING, HOW DO YOU DRAW THE LINE BETWEEN HANDS OFF AND CREATING DRAMA?

AC: First of all we have to cast for talent... that's the first thing we look for. So many people come in to audition who would be great characters on reality shows, but we can't cast them because they suck at design! I would be lying if I told you that people who are good designers PLUS seem like they would be good on TV don't make it to the top of the casting list. We are making a TV show, after all.. In terms of driving the drama of the show, that comes first from the people who are cast on the show and we create challenges and situations that we feel will elicit drama. Because this is a competition, it causes people to act and react in a very heightened way and the cameras I think add to that. For example if we've constructed a team challenge, two people who may not like each other invariably wind up working together and all hell breaks loose. Designers are very dramatic people, so we can be sure that they're bound to stir things up. Also the format of the show just lends itself to drama. You know that people will be reactive and upset if they are judged harshly, and that whatever happens on the Runway will drive them to act a certain way in the next challenge. And on and on and on...

RF: ANOTHER THING I WAS INTERESTED IN - THE BUSINESS INTERESTS THAT YOU ARE WORKING WITH - LIKE BARBIE - DO THEY BENEFIT HUGELY FROM THEIR EXPOSURE? DO YOU MAKE DEALS WITH THESE PEOPLE OR WHAT?

AC: Yes, there are a few sponsors a year and I think that their association with the show is amazing PR and gets the right people talking and looking at their products. The Macy's challenge a few weeks ago elicited a lot ofinterest in Angela's design for them and also a lot of press about their INC line. We don't want to be overburdened with advertisements in the show so we look for brands that fit organically with the Runway brand. Some partnerships are so fun for the show, too. When Barbie said they'd make the winning design for a doll or when Miss USA said she'd wear the winning gown those make for fun TV and meaningful prizes for our designers.

RF: HAVE YOU DEVELOPED ANY FRIENDSHIPS WITH ANY OF THE CONTESTANTS?

AC: I have become friendly with some of them. I really try to stay away from them during production because I just want to blab to them and I know I will wind up telling them their next challenge or ruining the entire game. I love Jay and Austin. I love to check in with Daniel V from last season and actually all those LA gay boys from last season are incredibly fun and amazing to hang out with.

RF: HOW SECLUDED ARE THE CONTESTANTS IN THAT FUNNY HOTEL DURING THE COMPETITION? DO THEY GET TO GO TO THE BAR AROUND THE CORNER OR ARE THEY UNDER LOCK AND KEY?

AC: They are indeed really secluded, and they're usually at the Atlas apartments or at Parsons working on their challenge. They are on an unbelievably tight, sleepless schedule so they are very tired. They can't leave our sight basically. One of the reasons we had to get rid of Keith was that he went AWOL from us and that's a big no-no because they can't watch tv, use the internet, or have any interaction with stuff that could influence what they're working on challenge-wise.

RF: IS THERE AMAZING FOOTAGE THAT YOU HAVE TO LOSE?

AC: Yes. It's always a nightmare cutting the episodes down. The Magical Elves (production company) sends us these great long, extended episodes and nobody wants to lose time out of them because they're so rich with material.

RF: ARE YOU CUTTING OUT FOOTAGE OF AN EROTIC NATURE? (laughs)

AC: Good question, Ralph! Not particularly, unfortunately. We'd probably try to keep that in and blur the nasty bits! There's a lot of innuendo and text talk and sometimes there's just not time to hear, for example, Santino's fave sexual position.

RF: HAVE ANY OF THE CONTESTANTS GOT IT ON BETWEEN EACH OTHER?

AC: Another excellent question!!! This is the stuff that people REALLY want to know and you have the guts to ask it. There was a rumor last season that something happened in Nick, Andrae, Santino, and Daniel's apartment. I thought that it was between Santino and Andrae but i can't be sure

RF: WHAT ABOUT THE GIRLS?

AC: Yeah I lost you there, huh. I don't know of any girls and boys hooking up, but most of our boys are gay, gay, gay. This season we had several straight guys and the beautiful Allison, but I didn't hear that anything happened.

RF: HOW LONG DO YOU THINK THE FORM OF PROJECT RUNWAY CAN SUSTAIN ITSELF GIVEN A POINT THAT THE IDEAS WILL BE HARD TO COME UP WITH?

AC: I think as long as we don't run the show to death and make people sick of it, then the ideas will keep coming and the show will remain fresh.

RF: OK I ONLY HAVE ONE MORE QUESTION, AS A GUY WHO LIKES CLASSIC DESIGN, HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT OF GOING CLASSIC - WHERE THE CHALLENGE IS TO DRESS A MALE SPORTS STAR OR FILM STAR FOR A HIGH END OCCASION?

AC: We haven't done that actually. We've stayed pretty clear of men's fashion. Do you think we should?

RF: I THINK YOU SHOULDN'T LET THAT GO - DON'T GET TOO GIRLY!

AC: OK, but we want to design an Oscar tux for Ralph Fiennes. What do you think of THAT challenge?

RF: CALL MY AGENT!

AC: Thats what I thought you'd say. Thanks for interviewing me, Ralph. Before you go, let me ask you one thing - what do you like most about the show?

RF: THE HIGH POINT FOR ME, ALTHOUGH WE'VE TALKED ABOUT THE RELATIONSHIPS AND DRAMA, IS SIMPLY WHAT PEOPLE HAVE CREATED, THE ORIGINALITY OF IDEAS, AND HOW CLOTHES ARE REINVENTED AND EXPRESS SOMETHING. IT'S ABOUT THE THRILL OF VISION BEING REALIZED. I'M NOT INTO FASHION ITSELF BUT I LOVE WHAT PEOPLE CAN CREATE. IT REMINDS ME A BIT OF EXERCIZES YOU'RE GIVEN IN ART SCHOOL WHERE YOU'RE GIVEN SHOCK PROJECTS WHERE YOU ARE GIVEN IDEAS TO DO IN A FEW DAYS. WHEN I SEE WHAT COMES ONTO THE RUNWAY, THAT'S THE HIGH POINT.

AC: Cool! I agree.
Juventina
Lennys Eis-am-Stiel
Lennys Eis-am-Stiel

Beitragvon Dolarhyde » 17.08.2006, 22:04

was ist das für eine sendung? big brother für schwule designer???? ich steig da nicht durch.

dass ralph sich für INTIMES interessiert, war jawohl klar :lol:
Bild
Dolarhyde
I'm the dragon
I'm the dragon

Beitragvon Juventina » 17.08.2006, 22:33

Das hab i leider au net so ganz verstanden! :-(

Aber egal mal ne sehr interessante Variante!

Ob dies miteinander getrieben haben der is ja au witzig! :lol:
Juventina
Lennys Eis-am-Stiel
Lennys Eis-am-Stiel

Beitragvon AmonFan » 18.08.2006, 00:03

was ist das für eine sendung? big brother für schwule designer???? ich steig da nicht durch.

das ist sowas wie popstars nur für designer glaube ich...und das alles noch gepaart mit reality show...so wie BB....glaube ich zumindest^^....aber ist schon komisch da schaut er sich schon solche sendungen an bleibt aber trotzdem bei seinem outfit...das kanns doch nicht sein!!!

ich fand die form des interview auch super....jetzt konnte er auch mal fragen....^^

Ob dies miteinander getrieben haben der is ja au witzig!

ey und er beschwerd sich wenn sie ihn sowas fragen???!!!! :lol: :roll:
ach ja unser schatz!!!^^
Bild
Hinweis: Falls in gewissen Gesprächsrunden einfach mal der Sinn fehlt, dann war es der Edit-Button!!!!
AmonFan
Ralphs Sonnenschein
Ralphs Sonnenschein

Beitragvon Dolarhyde » 18.08.2006, 00:18

AmonFan hat geschrieben:
Ob dies miteinander getrieben haben der is ja au witzig!

ey und er beschwerd sich wenn sie ihn sowas fragen???!!!! :lol: :roll:
ach ja unser schatz!!!^^

das ist doch wieder ein eindeutiger beweis, dass er nicht so ist wie sein image, welches seit jahren unberechtigterweise aufrecht erhalten wird. (von gewissen forenmitgliedern, die nicht diesem forum angehören)
Bild
Dolarhyde
I'm the dragon
I'm the dragon

Beitragvon Annabel » 18.08.2006, 08:07

Dolarhyde hat geschrieben:das ist doch wieder ein eindeutiger beweis, dass er nicht so ist wie sein image, welches seit jahren unberechtigterweise aufrecht erhalten wird. (von gewissen forenmitgliedern, die nicht diesem forum angehören)

Du sprichst mir aus der Seele.... :lol:
Na endlich geht den leuten ein Licht auf!
... "So, either by thy picture or my love,
Thyself away art present still with me;
For thou not farther than my thoughts canst
move, And I am still with them and they
with thee;"... Sonnet 47
Annabel
Lennys Eis-am-Stiel
Lennys Eis-am-Stiel

Beitragvon AmonFan » 18.08.2006, 14:56

ja wir wussten es schon immer!!!^^
Bild
Hinweis: Falls in gewissen Gesprächsrunden einfach mal der Sinn fehlt, dann war es der Edit-Button!!!!
AmonFan
Ralphs Sonnenschein
Ralphs Sonnenschein

Beitragvon Juventina » 18.08.2006, 20:51

Unser kleiner Versauter Lustmolch! :respekt:

Steht wohl auf Lesben wies aussieht! Welcher Mann denn net!?
Juventina
Lennys Eis-am-Stiel
Lennys Eis-am-Stiel

Beitragvon AmonFan » 18.08.2006, 22:46

ja die finden das doch im allgemein geil wenn sich da zwei frauen..na ja ihr wisst schon!!! :roll:
Bild
AmonFan
Ralphs Sonnenschein
Ralphs Sonnenschein

Beitragvon Juventina » 18.08.2006, 23:45

Hab i no nie verstanden! Aber das zeigt au wieder wie normal er doch is und das mir uns um den keine sorgen machen müssen das er zum anderen Ufer wechselt! :lol:
Juventina
Lennys Eis-am-Stiel
Lennys Eis-am-Stiel

Beitragvon AmonFan » 19.08.2006, 10:47

das stimmt...am ende sind sie doch alle nur männer!!!^^
Bild
AmonFan
Ralphs Sonnenschein
Ralphs Sonnenschein

Beitragvon Juventina » 19.08.2006, 14:15

Oh ja wie war und wie wir alle wissen sind Männer Schweine! Aber ich hab ein Herz für Tiere und liebe Schweine! :lol:
Juventina
Lennys Eis-am-Stiel
Lennys Eis-am-Stiel

Beitragvon Juventina » 19.08.2006, 14:49

Juventina
Lennys Eis-am-Stiel
Lennys Eis-am-Stiel

Beitragvon Gwen » 19.08.2006, 17:04

Dolarhyde hat geschrieben:was ist das für eine sendung? big brother für schwule designer???? ich steig da nicht durch.

dass ralph sich für INTIMES interessiert, war jawohl klar :lol:

das ist schlicht und einfach die amerikanische version von germany's next topmodel ;)
Gwen
Almásys K
Almásys K

Beitragvon Dolarhyde » 19.08.2006, 17:13

Gwen hat geschrieben: die amerikanische version von germany's next topmodel ;)

und sowas guckt ralph? :roll: was geht denn mit dem ab? :zweifel:

@juve
danke für den link. auch sehr interessant ... die user kommentare
Bild
Dolarhyde
I'm the dragon
I'm the dragon

Nächste

Zurück zu Ralph - Archiv