USA Today Interview - 'Maid' for each other (2002)

Hier findet ihr alte Interviews und Berichte von Ralph.

USA Today Interview - 'Maid' for each other (2002)

Beitragvon AmonFan » 07.06.2006, 00:06

kennt ihr das schon...ist ein nettes interview....^^

USA Today Interview
December 10, 2002

J. Lo and Fiennes (Ray-Fi) 'Maid' for each other

By Jeannie Williams
She's a superstar singer/actress; he's English theater royalty. She's a multiplatinum record seller; he won a Tony for Hamlet. She's a romantic; he calls himself a skeptic. She's bubbly; he's reserved. But Jennifer Lopez, 31, and Ralph Fiennes, 39, star as lovers in Maid in Manhattan, which opens Friday. She's a hotel maid; he's a would-be Senate candidate. But these opposites definitely attract.

Q: So are you an odd couple?
Lopez: I'm Jenny from the block.
Fiennes: I'm Ralph from the block!
Lopez: (Laughing) See? The same exact thing
Fiennes: People just decided I'm theater royalty. I'm not. I didn't have a private-school education or anything like that.
Lopez: I did. For 12 years (Catholic schools).

Q: Ralph, did Edward Norton (his Red Dragon co-star) really call you ''Ray-Fi'' when he heard you would work with Jennifer, as in J. Lo?
Fiennes: It was funny. It's such a relief to me. I've always had to struggle with the pronunciation of my name (it's Rafe). I suddenly feel there's light at the end of the tunnel. With Ray-Fi, I don't have to explain why it's Rafe and not Ralph, and it's ''Fines'' and not ''Feens'' or ''Feeney.''
Lopez: Ralph has solved one of his biggest problems. I'm glad I had something to do with it.

Q: Ralph, had you heard Jennifer's music?
Lopez: I want to give you my new album. I have it upstairs.
Fiennes: People gave me your music when they knew I was going to work with you. . . . I like all music, from very contemporary pop music to classical music to jazz.

Q: Ralph was once named one of the 100 sexiest film stars in history. Would you like to be a sexiest man alive, like Ben Affleck in People?
Fiennes: The competition is tough now.

Q: Jennifer, how did Ben, your fiancee, react to that honor?
Lopez: He finds it flattering but at the same time kind of humorous. He takes it with a grain of salt.

Q: Do you think you're sexy on screen, Ralph?
Fiennes: I couldn't possibly comment.
Lopez: I think so. I really did get a lot of, ''Ralph Fiennes -- he's so dreamy.''

Q: Ralph, are you embarrassed?
Fiennes: A little bit.

Q: Does Jennifer act like a diva?
Fiennes: No.
Lopez: I just let the man do everything.
Fiennes: She's completely cool, professional.

Q: Are there any rules for kissing in the movies? You have some nice kissing scenes.
Lopez: I always talk about it a little bit with the actor beforehand, to make sure everybody's comfortable.
Fiennes: We didn't; we just kissed, didn't we?

Q: Mouthwash?
Lopez: It's considerate if they do.
Fiennes: I try and do my teeth.

Q: Ralph, are you better with the media? At the Strange Days premiere (1995), you were freaked out.
Fiennes: I was then, yes.
Lopez: I think everybody in the beginning gets freaked out by it. When I did Selena and was put in the public eye for the first time, and you leave that privacy and anonymity, that's when it's the most scary, the first time it happens. You're like, ''Oh my God, I didn't bargain for this part of it.''
Fiennes: These events (press junkets) are the weirdest things.
Lopez: Talking about yourself all day. I'm like, ''I just know nobody is interested in this.''

Q: You could always just make up stuff, like Nick Nolte does.
Lopez: He told me that! I did a movie with him, Blood and Wine (1997), and he told me -- it was one of my first leads and one of my first experiences with junkets. I was there all day. I was like, ''I really can't do this, it's kind of draining, isn't it?'' And Nick said, ''Make up stuff. Just tell them whatever you want! Don't tell them the truth.''

Q: Have you done that, Ralph?
Fiennes: I have done, yes.
Lopez: I wish I could!

Q: Ralph, you don't talk much about your longtime companion, Francesca Annis, who was with you at the Red Dragon premiere here.
Fiennes: My private life I try to keep private. She's a great woman, a great actress.
Lopez: More power to you.

Q: Ralph, you are on a different level of fame than Jennifer is.
Fiennes: I'm happy where I am. I'll take whatever the ups and downs.
Lopez: I'm happy as well. For me, it's not about a level of fame or celebrity. You're born, and you want to do it. That's what people don't understand. It's something that kind of lives inside you. My passion is not my salary. They say, ''Jennifer, do you want to make a doll? It would make bunches of money.'' That's not fulfilling to me. I go, ''No. I'm not doing a doll.'' That's what they try to make it about: fame and money.
Fiennes: Can I buy a doll of you? Is there a J. Lo figure for my family for Christmas?
Lopez: No! Give them an album instead, a CD. They'll enjoy that more than a doll.
Bild
Hinweis: Falls in gewissen Gesprächsrunden einfach mal der Sinn fehlt, dann war es der Edit-Button!!!!
AmonFan
Ralphs Sonnenschein
Ralphs Sonnenschein

Beitragvon Dolarhyde » 07.06.2006, 00:26

kannte ich noch nicht, danke amonfan :)

das nenne ich mal ein cooles interview und der beweis dafür, dass jlo ihm doch gut getan hat :lol:
Bild
Dolarhyde
I'm the dragon
I'm the dragon

Beitragvon AmonFan » 07.06.2006, 00:32

ja das stimmt...am geilsten fand ich I am Ralph from the block!!!!^^oh gott als ich das gelsen habe...ich lag neben dem stuhl!!!! :lol:
Bild
Hinweis: Falls in gewissen Gesprächsrunden einfach mal der Sinn fehlt, dann war es der Edit-Button!!!!
AmonFan
Ralphs Sonnenschein
Ralphs Sonnenschein

Beitragvon Gwen » 07.06.2006, 01:15

Ray-Fi? :lol: :lol: :lol: ich finde das hat was :lol:
Gwen
Almásys K
Almásys K

Beitragvon Annabel » 07.06.2006, 09:51

Gwen, was ist das für ein Wischmob, habe mein Frühstück fast auf der Tastatur liegen gehabt als ich die Visage sah.

Glaubt nicht alles was gedruckt wird! Papier ist geduldig.
... "So, either by thy picture or my love,
Thyself away art present still with me;
For thou not farther than my thoughts canst
move, And I am still with them and they
with thee;"... Sonnet 47
Annabel
Lennys Eis-am-Stiel
Lennys Eis-am-Stiel

Beitragvon Gwen » 07.06.2006, 13:22

Annabel hat geschrieben:Gwen, was ist das für ein Wischmob, habe mein Frühstück fast auf der Tastatur liegen gehabt als ich die Visage sah.

wischmob?? :tränenlach: werd mir merken, dass er auch mal so genannt wird :lol: :lol:

das ist bela b. von den ärzten ;)
Gwen
Almásys K
Almásys K

Beitragvon Dolarhyde » 07.06.2006, 14:28

Annabel hat geschrieben:Glaubt nicht alles was gedruckt wird! Papier ist geduldig.

du meinst das interview ist gefaket? welche stelle lässt dich zweifeln? was passt nicht? :zweifel:
Bild
Dolarhyde
I'm the dragon
I'm the dragon

Beitragvon AmonFan » 07.06.2006, 15:45

du meinst das interview ist gefaket? welche stelle lässt dich zweifeln? was passt nicht?

also ich finde es ist gut möglich das er sich auch mal von der seite zeigt...ich meine er ist als schauspieler ja doch sehr vielseitig!!!! ;)
Bild
AmonFan
Ralphs Sonnenschein
Ralphs Sonnenschein

Beitragvon Dolarhyde » 07.06.2006, 16:49

für mich klang das auch echt. wo er das interview mit miranda richardson als partner macht ... ist er doch auch recht lustig und aussagefreudig drauf. von daher glaube ich schon, dass er auch bei jlo - wo ich immer noch der meinung bin, dass er sie geil findet - äußerst entspannt und lustig sein kann.
Bild
Dolarhyde
I'm the dragon
I'm the dragon

Beitragvon AmonFan » 07.06.2006, 21:28

von daher glaube ich schon, dass er auch bei jlo - wo ich immer noch der meinung bin, dass er sie geil findet - äußerst entspannt und lustig sein kann.

ich denke auf der einen seite mag er sie vll nicht weil sie so...ja wie soll ich sagen....kamera...hier bin ich ist und er halt nicht...aber andererseits muss man hier auch festhalten das er auf ihrer geburtstagsfeier war und sogar beim videodreh eines ihrer videos....also so gehasst haben kann er sie also nicht...ja und dann kommt noch dazu das er eine schwäche für südländische frauen hat ich meine das hat er ja nun schon einige male bewiesen....und jlo ist definitiv südländisch und ich denke er mag ihren arsch...okay welcher mann nicht aber hat einer von euch schon das bonusmaterial auf der MIM DVD geguckt???? da sagt er doch sowas dass sie einen geilen pfirsicharsch hat...ich glaube ich rede schon wieder unsinn hier...na egal....
Bild
AmonFan
Ralphs Sonnenschein
Ralphs Sonnenschein

Beitragvon Gwen » 07.06.2006, 21:28

und sooooo viel hat er nu auch nicht erzählt
Gwen
Almásys K
Almásys K

Beitragvon AmonFan » 08.06.2006, 00:27

und sooooo viel hat er nu auch nicht erzählt

genau!!! an den wichtigen stellen hat er doch eh nur knapp geantwortet....aber ich schätze selbst das ist für ihn schon eine schwierigkeit!!!!
Bild
AmonFan
Ralphs Sonnenschein
Ralphs Sonnenschein

Beitragvon Dolarhyde » 08.06.2006, 06:39

naja er hatte wohl angst, dass sein jahrlang gepflegtes image auffliegt, wenn er sich so gehen lässt. deshalb immer wieder der rückzug. man sollte ihn mal an einen lügendetektor anschließen und dann ihn interviewen :badgrin:
Bild
Dolarhyde
I'm the dragon
I'm the dragon

Beitragvon Annabel » 08.06.2006, 09:22

Dolarhyde hat geschrieben:für mich klang das auch echt. wo er das interview mit miranda richardson als partner macht ... ist er doch auch recht lustig und aussagefreudig drauf. von daher glaube ich schon, dass er auch bei jlo - wo ich immer noch der meinung bin, dass er sie geil findet - äußerst entspannt und lustig sein kann.

Nein, das ist zusammengeschustert. Und wenn Jlo den Mund aufmacht, dann verdreht er schon die Augen!
with thee;"... Sonnet 47
Annabel
Lennys Eis-am-Stiel
Lennys Eis-am-Stiel

Beitragvon Annabel » 08.06.2006, 09:24

Gwen hat geschrieben:
Annabel hat geschrieben:Gwen, was ist das für ein Wischmob, habe mein Frühstück fast auf der Tastatur liegen gehabt als ich die Visage sah.

wischmob?? :tränenlach: werd mir merken, dass er auch mal so genannt wird :lol: :lol:

das ist bela b. von den ärzten ;)

Wie heißt nochmal der blonde Sänger von den Ärzten, Campino?! meine Freundin hatte backstage die Bekanntschaft mit ihm gemacht- Super Mann
with thee;"... Sonnet 47
Annabel
Lennys Eis-am-Stiel
Lennys Eis-am-Stiel

Nächste

Zurück zu Ralph - Archiv